Anxiety. How do you know what she said to you?
Alarm - the most common phenomenon, the manifestation of which is familiar in one way or another everyone.
Alarm manifestation is realized more easily than the connection to any current events. Therefore, a person who is experiencing anxiety, often can not explain the cause of this condition.
And it is realized easily because of its physiological and physical manifestations of visible and pronounced. Heart palpitations, pain and heaviness in the chest, feeling of choking, dizziness. Sometimes anxiety is accompanied by dry mouth, cold and wet limbs, inner trembling. There is the experience of the threat from the outside world, or of unknown danger. Man starts to rush, or to freeze, fussy sort through something invisible, pull the clothes and legs begin to write against the will of the intricate movements.
This behavior is reminiscent of the reaction of the baby, who went out of balance. And such a response he gives to know about his condition. He screams, pulls his hands and feet, face red. Thanks to what the mother says that the child is "out of order" and something needs. Thus, the mother of the baby reflects concern, as they are in a merger. Therefore, the alarm is considered "infant protoemotsiey".
Only much later, a baby crying acquires nuances angry or resentful, moody or depressed. Those and other emotions have one common ingredient - nonspecific arousal that says the release of the body out of balance (homeostasis). And the better we understand and accept their feelings and emotions, the easier we find a connection between this phenomenon and its provocative events in life - and the easier we cope with anxiety.
The more and more we repress in ourselves any feelings and emotions, the alarm becomes stronger. Because all the feelings and emotions carry a charge of energy that causes arousal. And this suppression occurs stop excitation. And because the energy demands release and discharge, it will manifest itself in the form of anxiety.
- Blocking experience fear - instead of running away and defend people, "frozen in indecision."
- suppressed excitement joy - "froze in anticipation."
- suppressed excitement sorrow - instead of suppressed sobs choking and tremor.
- It is often suppressed and alarming excitement associated with aggression, the most socially punishable behavior, expression of which is fraught with shame and guilt.
Therefore, anxiety indicates the gap between the excitation generated by any sense, and his inability to react, for various reasons: social restrictions on the manifestation, the internal destructive installation, unfinished past situation.
is able to control the alarm
Ways to control anxiety are known to many people at the "conventional wisdom."
I will enumerate some of them:
- Give movement to be, for example, after an unpleasant conversation speed. Azhiotirovannaya alarm occurs more easily inhibited.
- To distract, to shift attention: instead of waiting - to read, talk, listen to music.
- Use the breathing exercises of various kinds - from the simple, such as the Buteyko method, which provides a slow forced exhalation and auto-training, "three deep relaxing breaths ... my breath aligned" to the more serious meditation practices, where the breath is the subject of the concentration . These meditation aimed at the main symptom of anxiety - respiratory failure, and quite thorough implementation of these meditations almost always leads to peace. Though not for long.
- Share your anxiety - "to speak out and cry." It is very important that the interviewee showed compassion and understanding, not discounted a unique human experience. For example, say, trying to comfort: "Yes, all this stuff! Everything will be fine! "- it will not help, and devalue and lead to alienation.
These are just some ways that one way or another help to engage a defense mechanism due to which reduced or removed alarm.
But the most loyal and reliable way to not only reduce anxiety, and indeed, to cope with it - come to the therapy.