What is stress and why is it needed?
1Ctress number - what is it?
One of the first studies of stress has been well-known scientist Hans Selye.
He wrote that stress - is is a natural reaction of the body, which allows to adapt to changing environmental conditions for survival.
Physiologically, it is manifested as increased heart rate, secretion of adrenaline and noradrenaline hormones that enhance reaction speed as increased perspiration quench organism in conditions of physical and other overloads.
adaptation reaction (stress) has evolved in us throughout the evolution of the human species. She is in us from the time when the ancestors of man running across the savannah. The approach of another living being caused stress response, ie, the maximum mobilization of resources -.. It was important to just a fraction of a second to determine how big the danger of it kind, and properly respond to it. Escape or attack literally saves lives.
We have not run across the savannah, most of us rarely need to escape from the attack of dangerous animals, but the reactions of the body are the same. Only now do we react to very different factors:
- unexpectedly called Head - quickens breathing, increased blood pressure;
- had a row with his colleagues at work - throws in the heat and sweat, blush cheeks, ears are burning;
- will speak at a meeting - sweaty palms, from a rush of blood makes noise in the ears, palpitations amplified to dizziness.
a direct threat to life in such situations is not. But our body responds to the internal perception of the situation. If it for some reason it seems dangerous - mode is activated the emergency mobilization, that is stress. The stronger emotional reaction - the stronger mobilization.
Mobilization generation means substantial energy.
In situations of stress more often than we spend it on the alarm and quickly exhausted. But if we understand the mechanisms of stress - that energy can be directed to the creativity, inspiration and joy.
number 2Ctress and brain
Recently, a very popular model of the threefold mind, which offered American neurologist Paul MacLean. In terms of stress relief it helps to understand the mechanisms of switching on and off of the stress response in the event.
Conditionally can say that the energy of the stress developing in the three layers of the brain.
- reptilian brain - a set of automatic unconscious reactions. These are our primary survival instincts. Often in situations of acute stress include exactly instincts and protect us from damage and injury. For example, a hand to grab the iron - hand withdraws automatically. This is the reaction of the reptilian brain.
- The limbic system of the brain - is responsible for our emotions, the perception of color, controls the behavior (!). Expressions - a reaction which arise as a result of estimation as a dangerous situation. Familiar to all reactions in situations of stress hit-and-run-stand still - it's just here. For example, we saw a pack of barking dogs: a sense of fear, which activates the action - fled.
- Neokortek with - our thoughts, attitudes, reasoning, analysis and assessment of the situation.
Our brain - a single integrated system, all parts of which are constantly interacting with each other. It includes evaluating how dangerous situation - originated emotion of fear - on the level of body immediately went survival reactions - the final steps become (conscious or unconscious) It so happens that our assessment of the situation including stress, where danger and there is no trace. And it also happens that we react before the time to think, and it saves the life of us.
It is important that the system works holistically, and we understand its mechanism and able to adjust as needed.
№ stress trigger mechanism 3
- Through the senses we have received some information about the event.
- The brain evaluates the event according to the principle: dangerous - not dangerous.
- If the evaluation is "not dangerous" - the body operates in normal mode.
- If the evaluation is "dangerous" - is an instant mobilization of survival. Runs stress reaction.
In situations of stress all organisms, from the amoeba to the hippo, compressed, concentrated, they are going to defeat the threat or saved by flight.
- If the situation is successfully resolved - stress reaction is complete, the body switches to normal operation.
- If the situation exceeds the current human resources - there may be a reaction to acute stress, form a traumatic experience.
- If a serious situation continues for a long time or a lot of these situations - that chronic stress is formed.
In such cases, the body is always in a mode of "survival", which requires a lot of energy. In fact, the energy is spent more than restored naturally.
This is a common cause of impotence, chronic fatigue, apathy as a symptom manifestations of stress. Stress accumulates, resources become scarce, and the body's natural reaction to this state - the disease. That's why so many people get sick with stress and the usual medication helps bad. It removes only the symptoms, but does not work with the cause.
It is important to learn to notice the first signs of stress and return a resource state. Then the stress will add brightness in life will cease to be a source of problems
1Ctress number as a source of inspiration
You probably have heard that stress is harmful and useful. It depends on where we are focusing the energy of stress.
- If the concern, anxiety, fear - that we are experiencing distress (harmful stress), which depletes us and takes away the feeling of joy, eats resource state
- If the inspiration - that we experience eustress (healthy).
Thanks to the useful stress all the great works of art have been created, all masterpieces of all the creative genius ideas. We can say that it is the stress allowed to develop and evolve the human race has contributed to technical progress.
Everyone can learn to ride the waves of stress, aptly Ivan Kirillov.
Whether you want to run out from the harmful stress or create masterpieces?
The choice is yours!
number 2Ctress shows our needs
Stress in life is always present.
His wave is always directed away from the scary to the appeal.
It all depends on what level of stress we allow ourselves. And you can watch the waves of stress just as we see the waves in the ocean - the tide has definitely for a low tide. This is an iterative process. Like everything in nature.
It is also important to understand that the higher the stress wave, the greater the need, which is behind it (I. Kirillov).
Because the basis of any stress is a deep need for - we have something that we have is vital.
This can be a physiological need (sleep, rest), and the need for self-esteem, in recognizing the need to be needed and the highest need for a human being - to be themselves.
Stress shows us our urgent need for something and gives you energy and the ability to meet the need - in order to take care of themselves.
Learn to manage stress levels, you will be able to transfer its energy into creativity, inspiration
and better understand their needs!