10 exercises to preserve youthful body and spirit
PHOTO Getty Images
1. Build a life plan
"Develop a plan and efforts to implement it, you can save good spirits, mental alertness and curiosity and make relationships with others more meaningful, enriching them," -utverzhdaet therapist Beatrice Milletr (Béatrice Millêtre) 1 . The project, unlike dreams or just desire, involves a clear goal and a set of tools that you will need to use to achieve it.
Another criterion is the plan that motivates us, always pushed by our desires and is consistent with our values. These two factors guarantee its viability and give meaning to our solutions.
- Write a list of your interests and activities, for whom he had a tendency (in the field of culture, charity, sports).
- Ask yourself for what purpose you want to implement your plan. The more meaningful in your eyes this goal, the greater the chance that you implement your project and it will make your life better.
- Plan as specific as possible stages of the project.
2. Neutralize their regret
Therapist Frederick fanjeaux (Frédéric Fanget) believes that the realization of what is important for us - a condition without which it is impossible harmonious old age 2. In order not to accumulate regret, he offers us mentally transport ourselves to the last moments of our lives, it will help us to better take advantage of the time have been released. Try to imagine that you would die today and ask yourself two questions:
- What of the fact that I made (a), I am proud of? Choose what you would like to have a say in the funeral oration (your qualities, your accomplishments ...). Then think of how you could get closer to the ideal.
- What I most regret? "I should have been more involved in children"; "I've traveled enough (a)" ... All these regrets will show you new goals that will give your life meaning. Make a list of what you can do to achieve these goals, and right from the start today to embody one of these solutions.
3. Imitate head turtle
"This exercise provides flexibility for longevity cervical vertebrae and the body as a whole", - explains Nadine qigong instructor Craig (Nadine Crégut) 3. It enhances the circulation of blood and cerebrospinal fluid. All this improves the memory and concentration and contributes to the prevention of stroke and neurodegenerative diseases (Alzheimer's and Parkinson's).
- Standing or sitting, keep your tongue against the palate.
- Pull the chin by pulling your head up and slightly raising the shoulders.
- Pull the chin forward.
- Return the chin to the sternum through the bottom, relaxed and drooping shoulders.
These movements (slow, soft, and non-stop performed without effort) delineate a circle, "as if the turtle drinking water from the lake, and then, when driving in reverse, as if she spit the water back." Upper back and shoulders slightly drawn into the movement. Exercise should be done every day, 20 times in each direction.
4. Alternate between tension and relaxation of
"Aging, we notice that the muscles and the skin become less elastic, and joints lose flexibility," - said kinezioterapevt Gilles Amsallem (Gil Amsallem) 4, which offers micro-movements to improve blood circulation, preserving the figures and reduce pain back. For each portion of the body holding voltage for 5 seconds, still breathe, then relax. Exercise makes standing or sitting.
- Tighten the thigh section, belly, perineum, buttocks and then (both together or left and right turns).
- press together the left and right of the blade and the left and right knee.
- Spread the hips and try to bring them together, resisting the hands.
- Put your hand on the knee, rest with the power and try to lift the leg (this makes us work the press).
- While standing, pull your chin, pull up the top of the head and stretch. A little trick to improve the figures: as often as possible to go on the toes or on your heels.
5. Maintain brain plasticity
"Over time, reproducing the same scheme of thought, we lose brain plasticity" - warns neuroscientist Maite Owl (Maïté Sauvet) 5. It is therefore important to support it, meeting new people, discovering new ideas and points of view, changing everyday habits (go the other way, try a new taste). Unusual activities that bring us pleasure, are useful for the brain. "When the brain receives dopamine (the hormone of desire and pleasure), it enhances the work of neurons, and thus, improves perception and memory," - adds Sauvé Maite. She also advises to initiate its "gray cells", raising the bar for yourself. If you like crossword puzzles or chess, look for other puzzle games where you are not yet strong; If you love to read, write notes, as if you were a literary critic, or enter a blog about the read. It is important not to give the brain to stagnate.
6. Communicate with enthusiasts
Youth spirit is also maintained communication with people who stimulate you. These, according to Sauvé Maite are interesting personalities and enthusiasts, who can infect their passion. "Enthusiast - says neuroscientist - is often a man who spent his life was not in vain, who stopped to consider, learn something that interested him, and who took the time to tell you about it." It does not necessarily young, but he is definitely not a whiner, not a windbag and not a pessimist. "The trap snaps shut - warns expert - when we limit ourselves to the discussion of platitudes that do not carry any surprises, with our friendly and family environment." That is how we grow old prematurely. Boredom.
7. Practice "blow on the target"
Stress - the aging factor. First and foremost physiological, because it causes oxidation of cells. But also the psychological, because it depletes the intelligence leads to isolation and even depression. To overcome stress Sophrology Garde Clarisse (Clarisse Gardet) 6 recommends "Karate on target." "It is so called because we control the force and synchronizing it with the breath," - she explains.
- Close your eyes, pull your hands along the body, breath and bend your right arm, fist clenched strongly. Hold the air in the lungs and focus the force in the fist.
- Exhale sharply throwing fist outward, as if you needed to hit the target. Feel your reset voltage. You can accompany the release of the hands cry.
- Do the same with your left hand. You can make this movement three times with each hand, and then three more times with both hands simultaneously.
- Then the calm breath. Focus on the images, sensations or any other events that you spontaneously show up.
This exercise should be prodelyvat as soon as you feel a need for it, especially at the end of a heavy or rich stresses of the day.
8. Awaken chi energy
This allows to activate the self-massage "Qi" (vital energy) and facilitates its circulation. Effect immediately appears to change the complexion and digestion. "When Qi energy circulates freely in the body, organs are functioning smoothly," - says the teacher Tai Chi Gregorio Manzur (Gregorio Manzur) 7.
- Massage his wrists, fingers, palm, rub your hands together. Prohlopali (not too much) your body from head to toe and from toe to head. Then shake hands, to relieve tension.
- palms of hands promassiruyte all areas of the face, skull prostuchite fingertips, then pohvatali his hair, pulling them up. Complete intensive massage of the face and head, doing his whole hand.
- finger and thumb grasp and massage the area between the eyebrows, then rolled his eyes first clockwise, then against.
- Cover the one hand and the other in a circular motion promassiruyte their chest and solar plexus. Then go down to the stomach and continue.
- hands slowly caress the head, face, chest, abdomen, arms and legs. Drop down to a stop. At this level, fold his hands palm to palm, then straightened.
9. Stimulate the point of longevity
In Chinese medicine, energy is released a special point, called "longevity point." "It is located right below the knee, just above the shinbone - says the teacher and master of Shiatsu Ronse Philippe (Philippe Ronce) 8. - It contributes to the stimulation of the production of red blood cells in the bone marrow. As a result, it improves the tone, appearance, flexibility of joints. " The effect will be doubled if the drive this point on certain days and hours, because "each point in time of the stimulation is influenced by the energy of heaven and earth", - says the master.
10. Take inversions
"According to yoga philosophy, harmonious aging - it is every day to change his mind," - says the teacher of yoga, an osteopath and a master of Thai massage Karol Simonelli (Carole Simonelli) 9. The movement allows to mitigate the loss of flexibility of connective tissues. Poses, practiced every day, activate the hormone, which decreases with age, contribute to the irrigation of the heart and the brain and calm the nervous system. " Uttanasana: standing, bend your knees bent to protect the lumbosacral area, relax your upper body, dropping his hands, palms down to the ground, then straighten your legs.
Viparita Karani: lie down facing the wall, place a pillow or folded blanket under the hips, pull your feet up so that they are concerned over the entire length of the wall.
The exercises to be performed daily in the morning, taking away at least 5-10 minutes each.
1 Author of "Six Keys to, to finally feel in his place" ( "Six clés pour se sentir enfin à sa place", Payot, 2014).
2 Author of "Where are you going? How psychology can give meaning to life "(" Où vas-tu? Les réponses de la psychologie pour donner du sens à sa vie ", Les Arènes, 2007).
3 Author of the book "Qigong for weight loss: Lightness of Being" ( "Qi gong pour mincir, la légèreté de l'être", Guy Trédaniel Éditeur, 2004).
4 Author of the book "The practice of self-massage: excellent state of health at their fingertips" ( "Pratique de l'automassage, le bien-être au bout de vos mains", First Éditions-Santé magazine, 2012).
5 Author of the book "Keys to pleasure" ( "Clés du plaisir", Chiron, 2013).
6 Author of "Tame Stress using sophrology" ( "Apprivoisez votre stress avec la sophrologie", Le Livre de poche, 2014).
7 Author of "The Art of battle with his shadow" ( "L'Art du combat avec son ombre", Albin Michel, 2010).
8 Author of "need a point at the right time: for Shiatsu textbook for himself" ( "Bon Point au bon moment, manuel d'autoshiatsu", Guy Trédaniel Éditeur, 2014). 9 Her site thaimassagemettayoga.com Note that these postures are not recommended for diseases of the cardiovascular system and spine.